10/23/2014

Old Friends

I mentioned that I would have a busy weekend earlier, and I did.
What was taking my time?

I had an old friend call me, Someone I was friends with for a couple of years during my 2nd-5th grades, until she moved away. We kept writing letters to each other for a short while, but then we moved on. I didn't know Katja had my number, which of course made me feel suspicious. She had read my blog and realized it was me behind it for various reasons, and found my number (from one of the letters we used to write to each other, she said.) and called me, because of something she didn't yet mention, but she wanted to meet me in person. I hesitantly agreed to meet her.

She didn't live exactly far away from me anymore, and we decided to meet at a cafe so that I could make sure it was really her. She was.

What I expected was something akin to "You know, your blog is really nice, good job right there, I almost believed it, How have you been and what is really up?" but what I got wasn't anything like that.
She did not, amazingly, question my sanity nor this blog at all. When I met her, she looked at me with a concerned expression. I could practically hear her thinking: 'At least I don't look that tired..., do I?'
She told me she believed that I wasn't making this up, because apparently her sister had been going through similar stuff. (This is weird, because I don't remember her having a sister...) She told me about her sister suddenly starting to complain about a noise that nobody else heard, That sounded like white noise, but more high pitched, going all pale, avoiding the forests at all costs, starting to lose sleep, have nightmares and becoming paranoid. My old friend also stated that because of being extremely concerned about her sister, "I started to lose sleep as well and got really anxious about everything." She then told me that her sister had also talked about (translated from Finnish) "The Shadow-man in the forest". At this point I also found out that her sister was quite young, around two and a half years old.

We talked for a while, and I agreed to meet her again, but unfortunately the school is on the way for both of us and therefore we were both unable to arrange a day that would have been okay for both of us during this month.

Don't know what I should think about this. She said not to give too many details about herself in here. Unfortunately I had to write this down, because I still document everything that is happening to me.

I still have my suspicions, Katja. I remember you, but....

/////// EDIT: Katja contacted me on twitter while I was writing this and apparently she might be able to meet up again this month.

-Darkn3z

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah whatever.